Monday 2 September 2013

The difference 23 years make!


The difference 23 years make ... that was my thought out on today's ride. During the week I had received my Revelate bags for the bike, I had headed out to watch my daughter, Anja play a game of Netball then a bit of a shake down ride to see how these bags changed the handling of my bike ... it has been 23 years since I last did a bike tour 

1990 Molesworth Station

2013

So here are some of the differences ...
1990
Avanti Chrome moly,  fully rigid, , cantilever brakes, shimano biopace 21 speed triple, straps on the pedals, Scott AT4 handlebar (was the beesknees!), Blackburn Alloy racks  with Tika canvas bags, oh and a Giro helmet, (which saved me about a month later when I crashed going downhill at 60 kmh into a lamppost).
2013
Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon Comp, Rolf Prima Ralos 29 wheels set up Tubeless, SRAM X9/X0 2x10 drivetrain, XTR clipless pedals, XTR hydrulic disc brakes, Garmin 705 GPS, Led lights, lightweight Revelate bags. Still wearing a Giro helmet ( a new one!).

Both have the same engine!

What hasn't changed is I am still enjoying being out there on the bike ... which ever it is!

My other rides ...
 Giant TCR Advanced
 Kuota Kueen K
Specialized Epic 29er

No comments:

Post a Comment