Tuesday 3 December 2013

Officially Entered!



Well, I am fully committed now! The funny thing about the Brevet is there is no entry fee ... but there is always a but ... and this is a good "but". Simon the Organiser just asks that you email him your confirmation to enter and make a donation to one of two organisations. Check out their websites and feel free to support these two worthy causes.

The first is the Canterbury Westcoast Air Rescue Trust http://www.airrescue.co.nz/ a very worthy and busy organisation which I hope I have to never use!


The second is Project Remeka https://www.facebook.com/ProjectRameka a conservation recreation group.



It was a hard choice which I couldn't make so donated to both!

A pretty cool idea for entry fees, considering some years I have paid over a thousand bucks in entries and don't seem to get much in return. There is a real old school adventure feel to this event!

The route is nearly confirmed and there is a Brevette (700 kms) option and there a few changes from the previous two courses - a few refinements which look interesting.

Keep pedaling ... catch you later!



2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the read Brett. When do you finish college and ramp up the training? We need to hook up some time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I have finished! well for the year still seven more papers to go! Pretty much riding all I can except the weekend I have Anja which is 12/13 then we are away 20 -24 December with some big missions planned from Boxing day on!

      Delete